THE BIKERS CREED
- I ride because it is fun.
- I ride because I enjoy the freedom I feel from being exposed to the elements, and the vulnerability to the danger that is intrinsic to riding.
- I do not ride because it is fashionable to do so.
- I ride my machine, not wear it. My machine is not a symbol of status. It exists simply for me, and me alone.
- My machine is not a toy. It is an extension of my being, and I will treat it accordingly, with the same respect as I have for myself.
- I strive to understand the inner-workings of my machine, from the most basic to the most complex. I learn everything I can about my machine, so that I am reliant upon no one but myself for its health and well-being.
- I strive to constantly better my skill of control over my machine. I will learn it’s limits, and use my skill to become one with my machine so that we may keep each other alive. I am the master, it is the servant. Working together in harmony, we will become an invincible team.
- I do not fear death. I will, however, do all possible to avoid death prematurely. Fear is the enemy, not death. Fear on the highway leads to death, therefore I will not let fear be my master. I will master it.
- My machines will outlive me. Therefore, they are my legacy. I will care for them for future bikers to cherish as I have cherished them, whoever they may be.
- I do not ride to gain attention, respect, or fear from those that do NOT ride, nor do I wish to intimidate or annoy them. For those that do not know me, all I wish from them is to ignore me. For those that desire to know me, I will share with them the truth of myself, so that they might understand me and not fear others like me.
- I will never be the aggressor on the highway. However, should others fuck with me, their aggression will be dealt with in as severe manner as I can cast upon them.
- I will show respect to other bikers more experienced or knowledgeable than I am. I will learn from them all I can. However, if my respect is not acknowledged or appreciated, it will end.
- I will not show disrespect to other bikers less experienced or knowledgeable than I am. I will teach them what I can. However, if they show me disrespect, they will be bitch-slapped.
- It will be my task to mentor new riders, that so desire, into the lifestyle of the biker, so that the breed shall continue. I shall instruct them, as I have been instructed by those before me.
- I shall preserve and honor traditions of bikers before me, and I will pass them on unaltered.
- I will not judge other bikers on their choice of machine, their appearance, or their profession. I will judge them only on their conduct as bikers.
- I am proud of my accomplishments as a biker, though I will not flaunt them to others. If they ask, I will share them.
- I will stand ready to help any other bikers that truly needs my help.
- I will never ask another biker to do for me what I can do for myself.
- I am not a part-time biker. I am a biker when, and where-ever I go. I am proud to be a biker, and hide my chosen lifestyle from no one.
- I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me. But most of all, I ride to better understand myself, my machine, the lands in which I ride, and to seek out and know other bikers like myself.
Como diz aquele velho ditado, "se eu preciso explicar..."